This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Working in the U.S. While on a Student Visa

Connect With an Immigration Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

Gavel and Scales

As a general requirement for getting a student (F-1 or M-1) visa to the United States, you are expected to be able to cover the costs of your tuition, living expenses, travel, and other aspects of your U.S. stay. Nevertheless, there are circumstances in which a person on a student visa will also be able to accept at least part-time, paid employment in the United States.